by Alexei Rivera | January 16, 2013 6:20 pm
The highly popular and extremely (still) hard to find Cherry Mobile Flare wasn’t exactly perfect, but given that it only cost PHP 3,999 there was hardly any room to complain. Now it looks like people will have much less to complain about (except for the battery life) since Cherry Mobile have just publicly released a software update for the phone to address some of its issues. The 146MB update is downloadable from their website here, (Direct Link 1, Mirror 1) and can be installed onto Flares that are hopefully still running on the original ROM it came with. The update will likely reset your phone though so backup data such as Contacts, Messages, etc. if you wish. (Update: Seems the update doesn’t reset your phone but we’d recommend backing up anyway.) While we don’t have a Flare on hand to record the process for you step-by-step, we recommend you at least consider it – since we really hate that G-Sensor uncalibrated bug. Needless to say though, if you’re squeamish about breaking your phone we recommend bringing it to a Service Center instead and have someone do it for you. Anyway, instructions are below.
1. Save the update file to the root of the SD card. Turn off the phone. Make sure phone is charged at least 15%.
2. Press and hold Power+volume Up for a few seconds. It will display first a green screen.
3. Release the button after the screen shows a red display to show the Android system recovery.
4. Select apply update from external storage’ and select the update file. Use volume keys to select and power key to confirm.
5. The phone will update. After update is finish, select reboot system now.
Note: SD Card update will not erase multimedia files like photos. It will just erase saved application. It is also advisable to do Factory data reset after doing SD card update.
Have fun with your newly updated, G-Sensor fixed Flare! Let us know in the comments if you like all the improvements!
Source URL: http://www.thetechnoclast.com/2013/01/16/cherry-mobile-flare-gets-software-updatefixes-g-sensor-sms-rotate-adds-fm-radio/
Copyright ©2019 The Technoclast unless otherwise noted.